Friday 10 July 2015

HARRY GRAYSON TO STEP DOWN IN 2016

Cllr Harry Grayson has announced that he is stepping down from Hyndburn Borough Council and will not be seeking re-election next year. Harry has served on HBC since being elected 2006 and is currently the Chair of the Planning Committee, as well as sitting on numerous boards and committees outside the Council.

Harry said, “I have served ten years as a Rishton Councillor and have enjoyed every second trying to improve the place where I was born and have lived for 65 years. However, I am reaching the stage where I would like to partake in more activities with my family and so it is time for me to step aside and let someone else take the reins. I would like to thank everyone in Rishton for supporting me over the years and wish all residents the best for the future.”

Cllr Grayson will remain on HBC until May 2016 and anyone who is interested in standing for election as a Labour member should get in touch with the Rishton Councillors by August 1st 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment