Saturday 5 May 2018

RISHTON ELECTS GREEN HAWORTH COUNCILLOR

Ken Moss has been beaten in the Rishton election by the Conservative candidate Michael Miller who takes over as Councillor from next week. Cllr Miller lives in Green Haworth and his contact details are not yet known.

Ken said, "It's not a shock, I've upset a lot of people by being very direct on contentious issues. I will miss it, of course, but I'm extremely busy with work of my own so I certainly won't be short of something to do. All the best to my successor and heartfelt thanks to my Labour colleagues without whom I couldn't have done half of the things I've managed to over the years."

Council Leader Miles Parkinson said, "We've lost a seat in Rishton which we have held for a number of years. We are very disappointed to lose Ken. He’s been a very hard-working cabinet member."

Two thirds of voters stayed at home for the local elections, with the voter turnout just 33.3 per cent across the borough.

Labour now hold 26 seats on the council, compared to just 9 for the Conservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment